[ODE] New release?

J. Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:36:31 MST 2006

On 3/14/06, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
> I would rather suggest that, when we want to release a new snapshot, we
> merge whatever has proven to be stable from UNSTABLE into HEAD, and then
> run with HEAD that way for two weeks with ample announcement on the
> list, so that people who might possible be able to test, can do so.

That would require someone to track all of the commits to unstable,
figure out what is ready to be moved, and apply it. Is there any other
way to do it? If not, I don't see how anyone here has the bandwidth
for that.

All things considered, it seems like the right thing to do is to merge
the two branches and start making regular releases again. I am trying
to do the administrivia in my spare cycles, and Bram has done a great
job of moving the code forward. We'll get there, it just might take
some time.

Jason