[ODE] New release?

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Tue Mar 14 13:21:13 MST 2006

J. Perkins wrote:
> On 3/14/06, Jon Watte (ODE) <hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org> wrote:
>
>>I would rather suggest that, when we want to release a new snapshot, we
>>merge whatever has proven to be stable from UNSTABLE into HEAD, and then
>>run with HEAD that way for two weeks with ample announcement on the
>>list, so that people who might possible be able to test, can do so.
>

> That would require someone to track all of the commits to unstable,
> figure out what is ready to be moved, and apply it. Is there any other
> way to do it? If not, I don't see how anyone here has the bandwidth
> for that.

It sounds like a job for the the version management tool CVS, to
bring two branches back together.

I've no experience with CVS branches, other than opende's
branches, so I wouldn't know how. And even if CVS has functionality
for it, it is bound to need supervision, like resolving conflicts in
commits?

I think Russel did some unstable->stable transfer before, though.

I agree with Jason: just make unstable as good as possible, and
see from there.

    bram