[ODE] I´m totally unhappy with ODE ... Please Help me

Lode Vanacken lode.vanacken at uhasselt.be
Sat Dec 16 05:46:56 MST 2006

I just recently replaced our collision engine with ODE as a first step to
move towards physics integration. I am also using GIMPACT and I don't
have any problems at all.

For drawing, what are you drawing? Are you using the ODE geoms or you
own structure? I would
suggest to draw both, this way you can see if they are aligned or not. I
had problems with my vertex stride
and so on, I know you have tested it in an example, but to make sure and
as you are rather desperate I would
try this. Some example code for drawing to get you started:

> for(int j = 0; j < dGeomTriMeshGetTriangleCount(geomObj); j++)
> {
>                 dVector3 p1, p2, p3;
>                 dGeomTriMeshGetTriangle( geomObj, j, &p1, &p2, &p3 );
>                 //DrawTriangle Code
> }

Greetings,
Lode