[ODE] I´m totally unhappy with ODE ... Please Help me

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Dec 15 22:55:19 MST 2006

arturapps wrote:
> By now I really must know if is it correct to use only colision detection
> from ODE engine , without using physics .

If you call dCollide with correct data, it will return correct contacts.
You do not need to use ODE world stepping or simulation at all.

If you are doing trimesh <-> trimesh collisions, make sure that the
transforms are correct, that the winding data of your triangles goes in
the right direction, and that you pass the correct stride and data
format for the triangle vertices. You may also wish to set the "last
transform" of your geom, to generate less bad separating contacts.

Cheers,

             / h+