[ODE] ODE slow on itanium?

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Sun Dec 3 14:46:42 MST 2006

Hi All,

I've just been doing some benchmarking of my simulation on various
processors and they all behave about as I expect except for a truly
dreadful showing on a recent 1.6GHz Itanium system. It's over 3 times
slower than an Opteron 252 which is hardly cutting edge anymore, and
over twice as slow as the Xeon 5160 in my MacPro. They are all
compiled with gcc using the standard "-O3 -ffastmath" options. Anyone
got any idea what's wrong since I don't think the Itanium should be
this slow...

Cheers
Bill