[ODE] Rendering

Gero Müller gero.mueller at cloo.de
Wed Feb 7 02:45:21 MST 2007

Ogre is nice indeed, but is has flaws too.

1. Singletons are used, which maybe ssen as bad design!

2. Very bad build setup. It is VERY hard to get ogre compiled the way you want
it. What i really can't understand is, why they have no build options for
local/user builds. I don't want ogre as distribution packages. A game is a
whole lot different than a gui app: i want to distribute my own libs!

And, Ogre is "only" LGPL. Even the new licence model is strange. Btw. did
anybody read the PDF on the new licence? I think the author is wrong, when he
says a bsd-like licence would prevent people from contributing.

Gero