[ODE] Code quality

Dave Grundgeiger dave.grundgeiger at codenouveau.com
Mon Feb 5 14:00:35 MST 2007

Remi Ricard wrote:
> So maybe we can define an style and stick to it and people submitting
> patch must follow it or the one patching the code make sure the
> indentation is respected.

For code formatting, how about running the code through a formatter before
checking it in? Artistic Style (http://astyle.sourceforge.net/) is free,
supports several standard formats, and is customizable.

For larger C++ design issues, how about adopting the book "C++ Coding
Standards" by Herb Sutter and Andrei Alexandrescu (part of "Bjarne
Stroustrup's C++ In Depth" series) as ODE's official guide?
(http://www.aw-bc.com/catalog/academic/product/0,1144,0321113586,00.html)

Dave