[ODE] ODE Documentation

Jean-Sebastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Thu Mar 30 12:58:03 MST 2006

Hello,

> Separate documentation into:
> - User manual (tutorial style approach)
> - Reference manual (api)

I agree completely. The current user manual tries to be both and fails at both
IMVHO. A user manual should consist of several short pages with a how-to style
of writing. Then, if we need more implementation details, we can go check the
Doxygen reference.

For a good example of this, see OpenSG's documentation. There's a tutorial
http://www.opensg.org/doc-1.6.0/TutorialIntroduction.html
and an API reference
http://www.opensg.org/doc-1.6.0/index.html

In this case, they used Doxygen for both, but the tutorial could work as
straight HTML or anything else. A Wiki in this sense would work well, as long
as you keep pages short and to the point (easy to update, easy to find
information).

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org