[ODE] TR: Cylinder / Sphere

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Mar 23 15:18:27 MST 2006

LR wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a little problem with the Cylinder:
>
> My test is a cylinder that falls on a phere :
> Problem 1: It seems the contact detection start finding some contact
> when the cylinder bounding sphere tutch sphere bounding sphere (it's
> that i believe)

You see false positives on the intersection test?

Is it with end-caps near the sphere, or with the cyl body near the sphere?

Do you have a test program?

> Problem 2 : the cylinder is projected with a force witch seems to be 2*
> too large

Hmm... there is a mechanism of 'depth exaggeration' in
collision_cylinder_sphere.cpp, but that is disabled by default.
Did you redefine _DEPTH_RECOVER_METHOD_ ?