[ODE] OSX install

Bram Stolk bram at sara.nl
Thu Mar 23 01:41:58 MST 2006

Wesley Smith wrote:
> Hi, I've downloaded ode-snapshot-20060210 and am trying to make it on
> OSX 10.4.5.  The crucial bit I can't get working ('cause I want to
> build the demos) is the following:
>
> checking for GL/gl.h... no
> checking for GL/glu.h... no
> checking for GL/glext.h... no
> checking for main in -lGL... no
> checking for main in -lGLU... no
> checking for main in -lopengl32... no
> checking for main in -lglu32... no
> checking for main in -lcomctl32... no
> checking for main in -lkernel32... no
> checking for main in -luser32... no
> checking for main in -lgdi32... no
> checking for main in -lstdc++... yes
>
>>From what I gather, this has to do with the location of my X11
> libraries/includes.
>
> In my directory /usr/X11R6/include/GL, I have
> GLwDrawA.h      GLwMDrawA.h     gl.h            glu.h
> glxext.h        glxmd.h         glxtokens.h
> GLwDrawAP.h     GLwMDrawAP.h    glext.h         glx.h
> glxint.h        glxproto.h      osmesa.h
>
> when I ran configure I did the following:
>
> ./configure --includedir=/usr/X11R6/include
>
> I expected this to find GL/gl.h but as you can see above it didn't.  I
> also tried setting the CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, and CXXFLAGS properly but to
> no avail.  Any ideas?

I think you don't have symbolic links in /usr/include and /usr/lib

But: the flags approach should work.

You should invoke as:

CFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include" CXXFLAGS="-I/usr/X11R6/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/X11R6/lib" ./configure

(put it all on 1 cmd line, my mailer breaks the long line).

Lemme know if this works, I will put something in a README if
it does. If it doesn't mail me your config.log again of this
run.

   Bram