[ODE] noob problems (four wheeled car)

Jason Perkins starkos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:50:25 MST 2006

On 6/14/06, mark mcgree <markmcgree226 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> the first problems is with the wheels while they are turning while a wheel
> is turned it continued to rotate on the y axis that it would rotate on if it
> was straight as opposed to its new y axis. here is some code that shows how
> i am setting up the wheels and the hinges(the code has been mostly taken
> from the test buggy example)

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. The standard advice we
give around here for people working with vehicles is look at
"carworld":

 http://opende.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/HOWTO_4_wheel_vehicle

> the second problem involves the chasis while in a turn the chassis rotates
> out of sink with the wheels. i think that this problems involves collision
> reactions between the chasis and wheel geoms. is there a could way to make
> sure that contacts between geoms within the car space are ignored?

There are several different ways you can do this. You can put all of
the cars geoms into a single space and don't check that space for
collisions. You can also set the category and collide bits and test
them in your collision callback.

HTH,

Jason