[ODE] Trimesh problems

Geoff Carlton gcarlton at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 10 16:25:56 MST 2006

If you really do have a heightmap, you're throwing away a good solution
to try to convert it to a trimesh.  Why do you say the heightmap would
have been too costly?

Heightmaps have several advantages.  They get the collision right even
with full penetration, the normal calculations are always good, and they
are more efficient.

Geoff