[ODE] ODE and the STL

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Sun Dec 24 17:32:53 MST 2006

STL and shared libraries DO NOT MIX.

If you use STL in ODE, then everyone will have to compile ODE
themselves, because they might have different STL versions (STLPort,
GNU, various versions, various Microsoft STL versions, etc etc ad infinum)

Similarly, an application that builds using ODE, will have to link
statically, or suffer all kinds of DLL Hell.

Whatever you do, KEEP STL OUT OF ODE!!!

Cheers,

             / h+