[ODE] ODE slow on itanium?

Bill Sellers wis at mac.com
Wed Dec 6 06:29:24 MST 2006

As an aside having bothered to go to all the trouble of getting
everything to compile under Intel's compiler I downloaded the trial
version for MacOSX. It's a big improvement there too - the run time
for my simulation dropped from 1.8 seconds to 1.3 seconds which is a
worthwhile improvement. I'd previously tried the Intel compiler under
linux but only on AMD based systems where it really didn't seem to
make much difference (maybe 5 to 10% quicker) but you can't turn the
optimisations up to full on anything other than Intel chips so that's
probably why.

Cheers
Bill