[ODE] How to obtain the torque of a joint

Ignacio García Fernández ignacio.garcia at uv.es
Mon Dec 4 02:54:50 MST 2006

Hi Jimmy,

These functions an the associated structures allow you to know what
force and torque is applied to the bodies linked by a joint, but only
those forces and torques due to the joint itself.

I'm not sure that this is what you are looking for.

You can think of a dJointFeedback as a device that is able to read the
forces and torques that appear in a joint, due to the joint itself.

The function dJointSetFeedback() attaches one of these devices to a
joint, and the function dJointGetFeedback() reads the device.

I cannot give you an example, as I have never used them :(

However, as far as I understand from the manual, you must call
dJointSetFeedback() once for each joint you want to monitor, and then,
you call dJointGetFeedback() whenever you want to know the info.

Hope this gives some light.

Regards

Ignacio