[ODE] Nothing but problems with anything involving joints/wheels

Sponge realities at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 06:02:19 MST 2006

Hi,

I've playing around with this. There is just one odd thing, which
might be ODE related.

Currently, the direction the objects moves in is incosistent. With fdir1[0

contact[i].fdir1[0] = 1.0f; //-vLerp.x;
contact[i].fdir1[1] = vLerp.y;
contact[i].fdir1[2] = 0.0f;

and

contact[i].fdir1[0] = -1.0f; //-vLerp.x;
contact[i].fdir1[1] = vLerp.y;
contact[i].fdir1[2] = 0.0f;

Make the object go to the same direction. Now, or I am reading the
manual incorrectly, but I have no idea why it is doingthis. (vLerp.y
is 0.0f). It seems to me that this is not normal behavior.

The other contact part:

contact[i].surface.mode = dContactApprox1 | dContactMu2 | dContactFDir1;
contact[i].surface.mu = 0.001f;
contact[i].surface.mu2 = 0.2f;

Anyone with a clue?