[ODE] controling joint forces

Jaroslav Sinecky jsinecky at tiscali.cz
Tue Sep 13 17:32:51 MST 2005

I'm not exactly the ODE experienced one, but as no other replays, I tell you
my opinion based on part of ODE code I have seen.

I think it's not easy to implement what you want (by the way what for do you
need to add joint forces only above certain value?). Joints actually don't
simply add forces to bodies, joint forces in every island of bodies are
interdependent, when one joint applies more force, some other joint may
apply less force, so that joint constraints are maintained. That's what the
LCP solver does.
Maybe some similar trick as for friction limit contact could be used, but I
don't know how this is done.

Cheers!
Jaroslav