[ODE] controling joint forces

Piotr Obrzut piotr_obrzut at o2.pl
Mon Sep 12 14:24:11 MST 2005

Hi,

   I'm back to my ODE project again and I started to have more complex
   needs:

   I want to control all data about forces that ode aplies to bodies
   (the most interesting are joint forces). Normaly I use "joint
   feedback" info (btw. I still must test the patch by Jaroslav
   Sinecky) and it served me well. Now I want to controll added
   forces: I want let joint to add its forces only when the force will
   be greater than certain value. The most convenient way will be to
   have special *callback* that will be called each time joint will want
   to add forces to body.

   I didn't have to look under ODE's interfaces before, so I wanted to
   ask first more experianced users if this could be done that way and
   if later this small change could be added to ODE's cvs. I don't
   want to make my own joints  and have my own version of ODE
   (I use it through Crystal Space interface that is prepared to work
   with official ODE's cvs version).

   So ODE devs: could this change be added to cvs?

   all ODE experienced: could I do this that way?

--
Greetings,
Piotr Obrzut
mailto:piotr_obrzut at o2.pl