[ODE] problems with amotor

Jason Mallios jmallios at cs.brown.edu
Sun May 8 20:02:13 MST 2005

So, if you've only applied it to a capsule you want to remain upright,
you're just setting lo and hi stops and have only one body, right?  Are
you sure you supplied desired turning velocities and not maximum force,
because a positive desired velocity along any axes keeps the body
rotating?

Have you tried to apply torques along self-computed axes in user mode in
order to deterministically change the angle between two ball and
amotor-joined bodies?  If anyone has, I'd desperately like to see some
sample code.

Specifically, the manual seems to suggest you have to calculate the axes
angles yourself every time step.  Is that true?  Also, can you set all
axes' relation to one body or must one of them be related to the other
body in user mode?