[ODE] problems with amotor

Smoel zonder snor smoelzondersnor at gmail.com
Sun May 8 13:32:46 MST 2005

Hi

I'm working on a simulation of lego-models and I'm having the
following problem: I create some amotors in Euler mode and I try to
rotate them ( rotation around 1 axis only ).  When the one axis I
rotate around crosses the origin, it works perfectly.  When the axis
doesn't cross the origin, it rotates around the axis parallel with it,
but which crosses the origin ( so it rotates around the direction of
the axis ).  As I understood from
http://ode.org/ode-latest-userguide.html the only thing I have to do
to make an amotor rotate is enter the axes, attach the amotor to the 2
concerning body's, and create a hinge joint between the same 2 body's.
 This doesn't seem to work.

Could this be the consequence of the following:  I place all of my
body's in the origin, so I get a relative position and rotation during
the simulation to work with.
If this is the cause of the problem, I don't really know how to solve
it, because there can me more than one amotor in a body in my
structure, so I can't set the body position to the centre of the
amotor

Any help would be welcome.

thx in advance