[ODE] Is it time to accept dcyl2 contribution?

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri Feb 25 09:57:49 MST 2005

> Instead of fixing this patchfile in the contrib dir, I propose to
> adopt dCyl2 into ODE proper. (to the CVS tree at least), so
> that it can be further tested, and then added to releases.

There have been many reports that the cylinder does not work
right with trimesh collision. It reportedly generates contacts
that are outside of the actual cylinder volume. Again, those who
have tested in detail also claim you can't make a good, driveable
car using cylinders as wheels, driving on a trimesh terrain.

Cheers,

			/ h+