[ODE] Stabilizing cars (finally!)

Ignacio García Fernández ignacio.garcia at uv.es
Mon Sep 13 07:25:05 MST 2004

El 13/09/04 01:43:24, Jon Watte escribió:

> I actually have something similar, but I apply it in the "DOWN"
> direction
> of the car's body, and I always apply it (not just when in contact),
> and
> it's proportional to velocity, and I call it "AIR_SUCK" -- it's the
> general aerodynamical down-force that fast cars are designed to exert
> on

Yes. Actually you are simulating aerodynamic load. However, notice that
it is not actually linear with velocity, but somehow quadratic.

I say 'somehow' because the air friction is proportional to the square
of the velocity, and the aerodynamic load wshould be related to this
value, although I ignore in what way.

Hope it helps to finetune your models.

Regards

Ignacio