[ODE] Stabilizing cars (finally!)

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Sep 13 09:23:35 MST 2004

I'm not sure aerodynamic force is proportional to air drag.
What I do know is that the aerodynamic down-force from an
inverted wing is caused because air moves faster over one
side of the wing than another, and thus the effective air
pressure is lower on one side than the other. The difference
of air speeds should be proportional to the construction of
the wing (some constant), and the speed of the wing through
the (immobile) air -- i e, linear with velocity.

However, not being a mechanical or aerodynamics engineer at
all, I'd appreciate it if someone has a good link to a
relevant site which doesn't require a Bachelour's in
mechanical engineering to decipher ;-)

Cheers,

			/ h+