[ODE] Status of TerrainAndCone

Benoit Chaperot b.chaperot at jstarlab.com
Wed Jun 2 22:40:02 MST 2004

I use this terrain collision class for my motocross game and for me it
works fine.
www.jstarlab.com
However I have noticed that I use high ERP (0.9), and if I do collision
with tri-meshes with high ERP, the collision responses seem very strong.

First I thought it was a problem with the depths returned by the collide
function, but I am pretty sure the depths are right because they are
calculated using other ODE classes point depth functions.

I think the main problem is that the terrain collision class does not
create as many contact points as for example the tri-mesh class.

I think it is more a problem of merging contacts or creating the right
number of contact points.

Any recommendation and help for improving the terrain class is welcome.

Benoit

Message: 12