[ODE] Phi - pre announcement

Daniel Monteiro Basso dmbasso at inf.ufrgs.br
Thu Jul 22 00:49:05 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've been working for almost a year on a robotics simulation framework
based on ODE, Lua, OpenGL and POVRay, and soon I'll release it under the
GPL. It is called 'Phi'.

For now you may see some videos I made with it, and the source code for
some of them. Currently the script only specifies the scene, you can't
control any object actively with Lua code alone.

http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~dmbasso/phi/index.html

This simulator is being used in two subprojects: my M.Sc. project (a
neural arquitecture for quadruped robot locomotion), and soccerServer (a
robot soccer simulator). In the above link you find videos of both.

Well, this is just a teaser... when I finish some documentation and make
a proper webpage, I'll make the official announcement. But any feedback
is already welcome ;)

Cheers,

Daniel