[ODE] PSCL implemented in Rocket

John Ratcliff jratcliff at ageia.com
Wed Jul 21 18:40:11 MST 2004

One more quick note.  Today James and I revised the Novodex Rocket demo
with the following changes:

(1) I had written a pre-parser for Lua making the Lua scripts not
completely 'native'.  I did this because I was not aware that Lua had a
way to #include another piece of Lua script.  Turns out..it does. Doh!
So we revised all of the Lua scripts to run using the native syntax and
removed the pre-processor.

(2) We added a 'changes' button to describe changes made for particular
build numbers.  The current build number is V1.0.0023

(3) One of our scripters revised the gear belt demo to make the drive
motors bound to keypresses.  You can now drive it around!  (Check out
the cool Lua script that makes it happen 'gearsbelt.lua')  This script
is a work in progress towards a completely physically modeled tank!  (Go
to the render tab, click on transparent, then click on 'contact points'
to visualize the contacts generated as the drive belt is actuated.)

(4) Revised the 'pseudo-grass' script to use a better joint model and
more closely packed 'blades of grass'.  It looks much cooler.

If you don't have version 23 and want to check out the revised scripts
feel free to do a fresh download.  Once we go open source we will just a
have a public repository for cool and interesting scripts.