[ODE] Intel/Msvc Compiler

Tom De Muer tom.demuer at skynet.be
Tue Jan 6 08:41:39 MST 2004

Hi Folks,

Just did a little test yesterday, I compiled ODE single precision (the msvc7
contrib/default) with MSVC and got my car simulated at +/- 700 fps, the
intel compiled code run at 870 fps.  The intel compiler also has automatic
vectorisation that converts regular loops on floats into loops with SIMD but
my Athlon only has limited simd support and it still is the _intel_ compiler
;)...  I thought it may be interesting in the people trying optimising stuff
as I see topics about that reguraly popping up :o)  Has anybody else tried
to fiddle with the intel/msvc compiler settings for optimal performance?

Cheers,
Tom