[ODE] how to get a body's rotation speed?

Adrian Grigore adrian at lobstersoft.com
Mon Mar 25 16:16:02 2002

At 02:05 PM 3/25/2002 -0800, Adam Rotaru wrote:

>   I think it is relevant what kind of joint you use
>(hinge?).

Exactly. And now that you are asking I have taken another look at the help
and found out that probably

dReal dJointGetHingeAngleRate (dJointID);

is exactly what I am looking for (gonna try it tomorrow after a good
night's sleep...).

Sorry for bringing up this silly topic and thanks a lot for your help! :-)

Adrian

>   --Adam
>
>--- Adrian Grigore <adrian@lobstersoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I am new to both 3D Programming and ODE, so please
> > forgive me this newbie
> > question:
> >
> > I am trying to simulate the behavior of a pin wheel
> > with ode. For this
> > purpose, I have built a pin wheel that is faced
> > upwards and drop lots of
> > small spheres onto the wheel until it starts
> > turning. Now that the wheel is
> > slowly spinning around the (0,0,1) vector, I am
> > looking for a way to get
> > the wheel's speed as a dReal value.
> >
> > How do I do this? I have tried lots of different
> > combinations (mostly using
> > dBodyGetAngularVel), but everything seemed to
> > produce strange values
> > (mostly zeroes, oscilating from time to time
> > although the body's rotation
> > speed remained almost constant in the 3d view).
> >
> > Adrian Grigore

>Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards®
>http://movies.yahoo.com/

Adrian Grigore

--
Adrian Grigore