[ODE] how to get a body's rotation speed?

Adrian Grigore adrian at lobstersoft.com
Mon Mar 25 13:18:02 2002

Hi Everybody,

I am new to both 3D Programming and ODE, so please forgive me this newbie
question:

I am trying to simulate the behavior of a pin wheel with ode. For this
purpose, I have built a pin wheel that is faced upwards and drop lots of
small spheres onto the wheel until it starts turning. Now that the wheel is
slowly spinning around the (0,0,1) vector, I am looking for a way to get
the wheel's speed as a dReal value.

How do I do this? I have tried lots of different combinations (mostly using
dBodyGetAngularVel), but everything seemed to produce strange values
(mostly zeroes, oscilating from time to time although the body's rotation
speed remained almost constant in the 3d view).

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance for your time!

Best Regards,

Adrian Grigore

--
Adrian Grigore