[ODE] ODE collisions with a terrain mesh question

McEvoy, Nick nick.mcevoy at dsto.defence.gov.au
Thu Jan 31 20:23:01 2002

I was wondering if ODE has the ability to determine collisions between its
basic shapes (sphere, box, cylinder) and a given polygon (ie. a triangle) ?

The reason why is that ... I have a terrain mesh ... I currently feed ODE
the plane that the ODE body (I should say geometry) is touching ... the
problem is that ODE plane geometries are infinite in size (and the piece of
terrain that the body is touching is actually a finite plane ... its a
triangle) ... this causes my body to 'bounce' off the screen when at an
intersection between two planes (due to ODE thinking my body is penetrating
the plane) ... (maybe the AABB() methods could be a solution ... but it
doesn't look finished ???).

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions ?

-- trust Russ to go on holidays right when I get stuck --  :-)

Nick
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~ndmcevoy/