[ODE] Car simulation

Michael Sebastian Sbrissa Bortolin michael_bortolin at dell.pucrs.br
Tue Feb 5 04:12:02 2002

I set the velocity to -dInfinity and the results were crazy. First: the mass of the car is 1.5 and Im applying a torque > 170 N.m, this make the simulation runs unstable, I cant control the car. So I try to divide the torque by 1000, and it works perfectly.

I thought the car mass was wrong, so I set to 1500 and apply the torque without divide by 1000, now, other crazy things happen: the car sink in the ground... then only way to the car stay above the ground is:

	contact[i].surface.soft_erp = 0.0;
      contact[i].surface.soft_cfm = 0.0;

But in this way, the car dont move, the wheels spin but the car seems to be heavy.

Regards.