[ODE] Car simulation

Nate W coding at natew.com
Tue Feb 5 16:16:02 2002

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Michael Sebastian Sbrissa Bortolin wrote:

> I thought the car mass was wrong, so I set to 1500 and apply the
> torque without divide by 1000, now, other crazy things happen: the car
> sink in the ground... then only way to the car stay above the ground
> is:
>
> 	contact[i].surface.soft_erp = 0.0;
>       contact[i].surface.soft_cfm = 0.0;

With a heavy car, you need harder ground - this makes sense to me. :-) I
think you can get the same effect by removing those two lines entirely,
and also remove the "dContactSoftErp | dContactSoftCfm" flags from the
surface.mode variable.  I don't use them in my application either.

> But in this way, the car dont move, the wheels spin but the car seems
> to be heavy.

What values are you using for the contact friction?

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA