[ODE] Library linkage problems (Windows).

Troost S.Troost at student.TUDelft.NL
Mon Sep 24 05:17:52 MST 2007

I had this problem also. The /md of /mt compiler setting needs to be the
same for all projects linked together. After playing around with these
settings it all linked and I had no problems anymore.

Regards,

Sebastiaan

-----Original Message-----
From: ode-bounces at ode.org [mailto:ode-bounces at ode.org] On Behalf Of Jon
Watte (ODE)
Sent: maandag 24 september 2007 8:12
To: ode at ode.org
Subject: [ODE] Library linkage problems (Windows).

The static library build of ODE links against some version of MSVCRT.dll

(it's unclear which). This is a problem if you want to use that version
with any other version of MSVC, and it's also a problem if you want to
create a statically linked program that has no specific runtime
requirements (MSVC 2005 SP1 runtime isn't particularly widespread, for
example).

We need to do two things:
1) Build a number of ode.lib static libs, with different versions of
MSVC (7.1sp2, and 8.0sp1 at a minimum) and mark each as such.
2) Make sure that static link versions of ODE are built against the
static runtime libraries, not the DLL runtime libraries.

Cheers,

          / h+