[ODE] ODE 0.8.1 RC1 released

Mark Williams mark at image-engine.com
Thu Sep 20 09:49:36 MST 2007

Bram Stolk wrote:
> I've submitted 1729096 to svn.
Thanks!

> I need to think about the other one, as it is trickier:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729095&group_id=24884&atid=382802
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1729095&group_id=24884&atid=382802>
>
> You mention readily available c.o.m. Would that be TP ?
>
> Also, setting it might break naive applications.
>
> c.o.m. may never be away from origin.
> If it is, it is the responsibility of the application to shift both
> mass and geometries wrt body.

Yes, but without any functions to calculate where the true c.o.m lies,
the application cannot determine the correct geom/body offset to apply.
Also,
just offsetting the geom doesn't account for any change in the intertia
tensor. I agree that any solution needs to make sure that existing apps
don't break.

Cheers,
Mark