[ODE] quadratic planes

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Sep 19 10:31:21 MST 2007

If you want parametric solutions (rather than a mesh approximation),
your best bet is probably to calculate the intersections yourself, and
generate contact joints based on your calculations. Sphere contained in
cylinder is fairly simple to solve analytically -- but if you built an
"inverted cylinder" geom, you'd have to handle rays, boxes, trimeshes,
and a few other kinds of geoms, too.

There is nothing in ODE that forces you to use dCollide. You can create
collision joints from data that you calculate yourself.

Cheers,

          / h+