[ODE] ODE 0.8.1 RC1 released

Oleh Derevenko oder at eleks.lviv.ua
Thu Sep 13 09:49:14 MST 2007

Hi Guys,

Do you ever check the stuff you commit?
You have added that "new trimesh-to-trimesh collision algorithm" which uses
32bit hash derived from contact position coordinates up to 4th digit after
decimal truncated to range -1677..1677 as THE ONLY CRITERION OF CONTACT
COINCIDENCE.  This is 3x24-bit of hash input data and simple shuffling
algorithm of unknown origin which produce 32-bit output. How do you think,
how long it will take until somebody gets a hash collision and merges
completely different contact points together?
Also, if there is a contact node key buffer overflow, the new contact
replaces the last slot in the hash table and thus it is possible to get two
matching contacts not recognized and both added to contact list.
Is it really worth to add speed improwements at this cost?

Oleh Derevenko
-- ICQ: 36361783