[ODE] Best way to achieve this effect

Salik Syed ssyed at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 26 21:43:02 MST 2007

Hi,
Yes I'm aware that constraints can be set to have a springiness to them
using the ERP (?CFM) parameters.

I did read your entire message, and the method you outlined is not what
I'm looking for, I don't want the
skateboards trucks to turn simply by a motor or outside force, because
this is not how a real skateboard
works. I want to be able to place a body on the deck and when I shift
that body the deck should
tilt causing the trucks to turn.In order to do this some kind of joint
is necessary between the deck and
the truck in order to cause the deck tilt motion to cause the truck turn
motion.
 But i'm not sure what that should be.
I also thought perhaps a single "link" body with a ball joint connecting
to the truck and another
ball joint connected to the deck??? I don't know if this would work
correctly because I would still need
to make the hinge joint stiff (so that the truck needs alot of force in
order to actually rotate)  and I'm not
sure how to do this
-Salik

I think people may not understand exactly how the skateboard works?

--
www.saliksyed.com <http://www.saliksyed.com>