[ODE] Robot simulation review/overview?

Kevin Quigley kevin.quigley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:59:05 MST 2007

I've seen a few things.  One being from IBM on open source toolkits:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-robotools/?ca=dgr-lnxw09OSRoboticToolkits

There was another on LinuxDevices.com which I can't find now, but
printed out earlier.  Will check after work.

On 10/14/07, Adrian Boeing <junk at adrianboeing.com> wrote:
> Hi Kenneth,
>
> I have compiled a more comprehensive version of the physics engine
> evaluation/comparison by Seugling & Rolin here:
> http://www.adrianboeing.com/pal/benchmark.html#irrdemo
>
> I should have a paper on the benchmark out soon...
>
> I am not aware of an overview paper which compares the various robot
> simulation packages - I think it would make an interesting paper.
>
> Cheers,
> -Adrian
> > Hi,
> > ODE is used in a couple of robot simulation packages.
> > Which of these initiatives are actively developed and
> > used today? Others e.g. Microsoft use Ageia.
> >
> > Is there a recent review/overview paper, thesis, or a good
> > website taking a look at the most recent development
> > in this area?
> > /Kenneth

There was a pirate's parrot who got a bad case of sunstroke and was
heard crowing, "Pieces of seven, pieces of seven," which was clearly a
parroty error.