[ODE] ode 0.9.0 good to go

Bram Stolk b.stolk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 22:15:54 MST 2007

dGreetings()

I'm good to go for the ode release.
SVN trunk differs minimally from 0.9-rc1 which was tested, so I see no need
for rc2.
So let's release this sucker.

A minor note:
The release is called 0.9.0 and not 0.9
This had to do with the configure script's ODE_AGE
It was set to -rc1
This caused a malformed version, if you called bin/ode-config --version
which returned 0.9.-rc1
This contained a superfluous dot.
Next time we do a RC, we should set AGE to 1-rc1 so we get 0.9.1-rc1
Also, the dynamic libs expect a x.y.z version nr.

I have attached release notes.
(going from 0.8 to 0.9)
It has been a major change, and I feel good about this release.
It expect this release to improve the quality of ode.

Jason, can you do the honours?
I'm not familiar with the svn branching, and the win32 preparations.
Thanks in advance!

  bram

--
Zapp: Captain's log, stardate...er..