[ODE] 0.9-rc1

Irrisor irrisor at dev.java.net
Sun Oct 7 11:02:47 MST 2007

Oleh Derevenko wrote:
> You do not understand the purpose of assertion check. If you assert
> something it means that the condition CAN NEVER BE FALSE.
Ok, you're right. The actual problem I have is another one:
The condition in dNormalize4 _can_ be false! E.g. when called from dxStepBody in
dxQuickStepper after SOR_LCP has computed NaN values for cforce.
So probably there are statements missing to report incorrect data before the
call to dNormalize4 and don't call the normalization?
If the answer to this is yes, I can agree to the assert in dNormalize4.

Btw. the message "vector has zero size" is not quite correct if the values are NaN.

Regards,
Irrisor