[ODE] damping functions

Daniel K. O. danielko.listas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:30:46 MST 2007

Ruud van Gaal escreveu:
> I'd propose to name them (always like to do top-bottom, as with for example
> dBody*() functions):
>
> dDampAngular(dBodyID body, dReal scale);
> dDampLinear(dBodyID body, dReal scale);

In the end I named them dBodyDampLinear and dBodyDampAngular, as they
operate on bodies.

I opened the patch on the SF tracker, but currently I'm getting an
internal server error when trying to upload the patch:
http://tinyurl.com/3afsb2

So the patch file will be uploaded sometime soon, when the upload works
again.

> and add a more generic one (that just calls the above 2):
>
> dDamp(dBodyID body, dReal scale);

After some tests here, I'm not sure you'll use the same scale for both
linear and angular damp; so I left this one out. Could you please
confirm that the same scale should be used for both?

--
Daniel K. O.
"The only way to succeed is to build success yourself"