[ODE] Fw: Universal Spring

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Nov 21 16:28:47 MST 2007

How much gap is there between the boxes? If the boxes are super tight,
they will keep intersecting, and force will be created by pushing the
blocks out of each other. Try adding 5% margin between the blocks and
see if it's any better.

Also, there will always be some stretch. You have to experiment with
CFM, ERP, step size and body damping, as well as float vs double
precision, to see if you can find a compromise that works for you.

Cheers,

          / h+