[ODE] CFM, ERP, stepsize, bNormalizationResult failed

ode@thoemsen.ch ode at thoemsen.ch
Wed Nov 21 01:51:48 MST 2007

Thanks for the help.
I know that ODE can't simulate perfectly stiff joints but the deflection of the
suspension is way too big. My rover is similar to NASA's rocker-bogie type
(Spirit/Opportunity, Sojourner, etc.) but with a more complex suspension
mechanism. To describe what happens in my simulation, imagine the Mars rovers
on a horizontal plane (initial state) but the body has a pitch angle of several
degrees because of the deflection of the suspension.
Do you think the reason why I can't set my CFM value smaller could be related to
redundant joints in my system?
By the way, I have another problem: if I set gravity to 9.81 my robot falls
through the ground. Initial position of the robot is about 10cm above ground
and it weighs about 35 kg. Any ideas on that?

Thomas