[ODE] Wiki Spam

Jean de Largentaye jean at largentaye.org
Sun Nov 18 14:58:17 MST 2007

Hi folks,

I had helped setup the wiki back around April '06, along with Terry
Triplett (c0d3g33k at gmail.com). Thanks Bram for gaving me a heads-up on
this problem, I've been inactive in ODE for a while. I've had a quick
look today in the little spare time I had, and was unable to
successfully install ConfirmEdit or SpamBlacklist: it seems the latest
versions of these extensions don't work great with the "old" version
of MediaWiki (1.6.3) that runs the ODE Wiki.
Furthermore, I oddly can't access the user rights page to give some
admin control (to block spam users etc) to another wiki user.
I'll try and have a look at it some more tomorrow, but will be too
busy for the rest of the week.
Don't hesitate to ping me if I haven't given news on the issue by next weekend.

john