[ODE] VS2005 library file names

Jean-Sébastien Guay jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
Tue Nov 13 17:09:02 MST 2007

Hello,

> Just wondering if I could put in a request to change the output file
> names for the Visual Studio builds to be specific to their build
> configurations.  This makes it much easier to distribute both debug and
> release builds of applications using ODE.
>
> For example:
> Release - ode.lib, ode.dll
> Debug - oded.lib, oded.dll

I totally agree, it's always something I have to change manually in
the project files when there's an update, and I think it should be
that way by default.

This mirrors other projects, such as OpenSceneGraph. It's just a
logical thing to do on Windows, where mixing release and debug builds
can be disastrous...

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     jean-sebastien.guay at polymtl.ca
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/