[ODE] Networking

ruben-gerlach@web.de ruben-gerlach at web.de
Sat Nov 3 09:59:14 MST 2007

Hi,

thank you. The problem is, how can I allow the player to interact with the environment if its only like a replay? In this approach simulating the scene on the client side would be problematic. I already tried something similar and it looks sort of crappy.. Imagine 2 boxes that have to go trough each other because they are on opposite positions on the server, they will behave chaotic when intersecting. If I dont simulate I have no possibility to move the player, have I?

Maybe there is anyone else with experiences in this field?

Regards,
Ruben