[ODE] Realistic friction based on material.

Patrick Enoch Hendrix_ at gmx.net
Mon May 21 08:21:54 MST 2007

This thread topic has been discussed several times. This is what I
got from all the discussions:

			eff_mu = SQRT( geo1->surface.mu * geo2->surface.mu );
			eff_bounce = 0.5*( geo1->surface.bounce + geo2->surface.bounce );
			eff_bounce_vel = min( geo1->surface.bounce_vel, geo2-
 >surface.bounce_vel );
			eff_soft_cfm = 0.5*( geo1->surface.soft_cfm + geo2-
 >surface.soft_cfm );

"eff_" stands for "effective". More or less, plausability assumptions
lead to this solution.

--

There is an archive of the messages sent on the list here:
http://ode.org/pipermail/ode/

Best,
Patrick