[ODE] Linking problems msvc2005/ode 0.8

Jon Watte (ODE) hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Fri May 18 09:12:45 MST 2007

I believe the pre-builts may have been built with a different version of
VS, and thus need a different version of the MSVC runtime library.

Are you using a pre-built static library? If so, you have to use the
same version of VS (including the same service pack). For the DLL, there
"shouldn't" be a dependency when linking, so that should work.

I find that, for static linking, including ODE as a sub-project of my
project typically works best.

Cheers,

          / h+