[ODE] Trimesh collision problem

David Walters hidden.asbestos at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 20 06:27:49 MST 2007

> Everything else seems like it should work

Actually no, I think I've spotted the problem -
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple takes dVertex data which is actually an
array of quad-floats, rather than three.

If you see what dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple resolves to, it'll make more sense:

    dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle1(g,
				Vertices, 4 * sizeof(dReal), VertexCount,
				Indices, IndexCount, 3 * sizeof(unsigned int),
				Normals);

I use:

	dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle( g, p_vertex_data, sizeof( HsVector ),
		vertex_count, p_index_data, triangle_count * 3, sizeof( UINT32 ) * 3 );

Where HsVector is a struct of 3 floats

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Dave