[ODE] Convex/TriMesh collisions?

Mark Williams mark at image-engine.com
Fri Mar 2 10:51:55 MST 2007

> I don't think this is well supported at the moment,
> but one of the reasons of releasing ODE 0.8 is to prepare for addition of
> Bullet collision detection,
> which supports convex versus trimesh.
>
> Erwin
> http://bulletphysics.com

OK, thanks for the info!

I've also noticed some problems with Convex/Convex collisions, but it's
trickly to tell whether or not I'm passing the correct data to
dCreateConvex as I can't find any documentation for it.

I'm using qhull to generate my hulls, which produces plane
normals/offsets, points, and polygon lists, but I've no idea if the
vertex IDs for the polys need to be specified in any particular order.
I've tried the order that comes directly from qhull's FOREACHvertex_,
and the reverse order, but neither seem to give results which are
anything close to being stable.

Should I expect convex/convex collisions to work in 0.8?

Thanks,

Mark